Making the batter ‘better’ with Gluten-free Crusty Bread Mix
“Life becomes good with freshly baked bread.”
It becomes better when the bread is homemade. It is fluffy, tender, and way fresher than store-bought loaves. Since bread forms the base of many dishes, it becomes difficult for people with special food choices to enjoy those delicacies.
But they need not worry anymore! Ucopia has come up with a ‘Gluten-free 80 minutes crusty bread mix’. It is made up of organic sorghum flour, oat flour, teff flour, and potato flour. It also includes pumpkin seeds and organic tapioca starch. The gluten-free mix uses brown sugar and ground flax. It also has double-acting baking powder and pink salt.
This product is potato-free. Though sweet and regular potatoes are both considered root vegetables but are perceived differently by your immune system. Sweet potatoes are from the morning glory family white potatoes are nightshades. IgG sensitivities or IgE allergies to potatoes are not known to cross-react with sweet potatoes.
- 1-3/4 cups water (tap or sparkling) Pro tip: Use a gluten-free beer to get wonderful results
- 2 tbsp oil
- Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl. Using a spatula, gradually add a larger package mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Allow the batter to rest for 8 minutes.
- Add a small baking soda pouch, fold it into the batter, and save the seed packet for later.
- For preparing bread loaf, pour the dough into a non-stick 4-1/2 in. x 8-1/2 in. baking loaf pan. Gluten-free mix performs better in smaller pans. Sprinkle seeds from the seed pouch on the top. Shape them into a perfect loaf with oiled hands.
- For making sandwich buns, using oiled hands, round the dough into burger-sized buns and place them onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- For baking pizza crust, use oiled hands, and gently press together with a 1/2 inch thick pizza crust onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes without toppings. Remove it from the oven, decorate with toppings and then bake for an additional ten minutes.
Protip: Bake the bread loaf/sandwich buns for 70-75 minutes. It does not brown significantly and will form a hard crispy crust. Do not overbake. Slice a 1/2 in. deep gash lengthwise down the center of the loaf. Sprinkle seeds from the seed pouch on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before eating. Eat within 24 hours or freeze sliced to ensure freshness. Microwaving 1-2 frozen slices for 15 seconds before toasting does the trick.
Now, you can give your family the warmth of homemade bread, buns, and pizza crust in 80 minutes with the help of a gluten-free crusty bread mix.
You can bake the dairy-free, vegan bread that meets all your dietary needs without compromising on quality.
‘Gluten-free crusty 80-minute bread’ fresh from the oven will make you and your family never want to go back to the frozen aisle. Get the mix home and enjoy fresh, homemade bread.